Sometimes life can feel like a real pain in the neck. Literally. Aches, pains, and stiffness in the neck affect most people from time to time. But severe neck, rhomboid muscle pain, or cervical pain can severely impact your quality of life and will need treatment. The good news is that most types of neck pain respond very well to chiropractic neck adjustment.
Neck pain can be caused by a number of different things and the pain may come on suddenly, or gradually over time. The most common causes are:
● Injury - either through an accident, exercising, or another sudden wrenching movement
● Poor posture - modern life sees us slumping on sofas and hunched over laptops and phones
● Sleeping position - an awkward sleeping position can cause a trapped nerve or muscle spasms
● Other medical conditions including osteoarthritis
Neck cervical pain can present itself in different ways depending on the cause. Typically, you’ll notice:
● An ache or pain in the neck and rhomboid muscle
● Reduced movement when turning your head
● Tightness in the neck, shoulder, and upper back muscles
● Muscle spasms
If you are experiencing experience shooting pain down one or both arms, or pins and needles in your hands and fingers, then you should seek medical attention to treat your neck cervical pain.
At Lake Chiropractic, we specialize in upper cervical chiropractic techniques and neck adjustment. We will assess your pain and then carry out treatment by adjusting the vertebrae in your neck and cervical spine to give you relief.
As well as relieving your existing pain, we’ll also work to address any underlying causes.